Sites marked with this are select, best sites.
- See a current publications list with emphasis on shrimp.
- Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries at FAO Fisheries site (Document search).
- Aquaculture Outlook Examines the U.S. aquaculture industry, including production, inventory, sales, prices, inputs, and trade of catfish, trout, tilapia, salmon, mollusks, crawfish, shrimp, ornamental fish and new species.
- Scientific Journals - Links to hydrology, marine science, freshwater science and Aquaculture Journals
- Info Fish,
Link, The Focused Internet Site for Fish and Shellfish,
- Seafood International
- Seafood International Directory 2004-2005
- Fishing News International
- Fish farming International or other site
- Oceanography Term Papers
- Aquatic Science Journal Information (Cambridge). A subscription site with a searchable database.
- Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Science
- Aquaculture News
- Aquaculture Magazine Online: HomePage
- AQUACULTURE PUBLICATIONS @ the American Soybean Association has some excellent publications and
- ASA Europe for technical information publications on topics like aquaculture, soybean meal, processing & technical applications.
- Australian Pump Manufacturers' Association : AUSTRALIAN PUMP TECHNICAL HANDBOOK & APMA PIPE FRICTION HANDBOOK .
- Aquaponics Journal ;
- Global Aquaculture Advocate good magazine to subscribe to;
- Shrimps & Prawns of the World ;
- The Crustacean Society Newsletter .;
- Electronic Larviculture Newsletter : has information on hatchery feeds
- Proceedings of the US Marine Shrimp Farming Biosecurity Workshop ;
- Directory of the Shrimp Industry in the Western Hemisphere & World Shrimp Farming by Bob Rosenberry ;
- Hatchery Magazine ;
- CNA Ecuador;
- Mann Library ;
Science , International Publishers
online Journals : such as Aquaculture Nutrition,
Aquaculture Economics & Management, Aquaculture Research, Journal
of Fish Diseases, Fisheries Oceanography, Marine Ecology, Freshwater
Biology, Lakes and Reservoirs Research and Management, Fisheries
Management and Ecology, Molecular Ecology, Ecology of Freshwater Fish;
Blackwell also publishes books.
- Maryland Aquafarmer index ;
- Molecular and Cellular Biology ;
- Biological archives - BIOSCI/bionet newsgroup postings ;
- Auburn University - Department of Fisheries & Allied Aquaculture.
- Hatchery International Magazine for fish hatcheries.
- Texas Cooperative Extension bookstore - inforation @ educational resources
- The latest SRAC pdf files are at http://srac.tamu.edu/. This is a large resource of aquaculture data from the Southern Regional Aquaculture Center.
- Conscientious Aquarist: A WetWebMedia Publication
- Follow Animal Netowrk's fish link to Aquarium Fish Magazines
- Koi USA Magazine
- Tropical Fish Hobbyist
- Aquascape Designs
- Watergarden News
- Texas Cooperative Extension Bookstore - aquaculture, fish, business, environment.
- Nelson / Pade Multimedia - Produces educational and informational tools on hydroponics, aquaculture and multimedia production.
- World Aquaculture Society . Become a member and receive their journal and magazine and available literature.
- ENACA: Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific http://www.enaca.org
- Regulatory Fish Encyclopedia (US FDA Center for Food Safety)
- Northern Aquaculture Aquaculture News and Events.
- North Atlantic Fisheries College
- FAO Web Site - Search
- FAO aquaculture statistics
- State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture (SOFIA)
- Aquatic Resources Research Institute, Thailand, in Thai.
- Environmental Sciences
- American Tilapia Association information about aquaculture world-wide. Users can subscribe to a free e-zine. G
- lobal Aquaculture Alliance (GAA) - an industry organization representing fish and shellfish, particularly shrimp, farmers in addition to others involved in aquaculture and mariculture seafood products.
- FIS.com: Fish Information services. A large site covering all aspects of Aquaculture
- Aquaculture Engineering Society (AES). This site has some essential technical publications, proceedings etc. You need to join as a member
- ICLARM: global
- The Aquafin Cooperative Research Centre and CRC for Sustainable Aquaculture of Finfish (aquafin).
- CSIRO online.
- DOA Bureau of Seafood & Aquaculture - An info-site from Florida.
- Directory of Aquaculture Associations
- ARC links to
organisations, associations and networks
- Laboratory of Aquaculture & Artemia Reference Center
- ARC links to universities and institutes
- Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture;
- Aquafin Cooperative
- Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife
- Missouri Department of Conservation
- University of Hawaii at Manoa University
Institute, marine aquaculture, biotechnology, and coastal resource
- Stirling Aquaculture Home Page: Aquaculture technology centre
- Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution
- International Center for Aquaculture and Aquatic Environment to be found via the Auburn Department of Fisheries and Allied Aquacultures.
- Sherkin Island Marine Station-Ireland: 5 laboratories, aquarium, Natural History Museum and a library of some 100,000 books, journals, reports, reprints.
- University of Tasmania - Aquaculture Department - conducting research on new species development for cool, temperate and tropical waters.
- MDA Home Page
- CSIRO Australia
- U. S. Department of Agriculture. The Aquaculture Information Center . Links to Aquaculture Information contains a long list of sites.
- Minnesota Sea Grant . Also see the National Sea Grant Library for marine, coastal and great lakes information;
- Fish Nutrition and Feeding Laboratory Department of Animal Science, UC Davis ;
- Purdue University ; Purdue University ;
- Institute of Marine Biology of Crete ;
- About Seafood ;
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography ;
- Texas A&M University ;
- Department of Fisheries Malaysia ;
- Arizona Aquaculture - University of Arizona;
- ALEARN will provide a highly informative, single point, user friendly information source for commercial growers and those with commercial aquabusiness interests. A good freshwater aquaculture resource,
- AquaNIC Internet Links see Sites - Web Sites :Aquaculture Network Information Centre, based at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, USA, and supported by The libraries of Purdue University, Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service, University of Illinois Cooperative Extension Service, the Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant Program and the US Department of Agriculture Extension service.
- Net Vet : aquaculture and fisheries related internet sites. You will find many links here, under categories such as Aquaculture, Aquaria, Ichthyology, Marine Fish, Sport Fishing, Zebrafish, Other, Commercial;
- Links to Internet Resources
aquaculture links with a long list of equipment and technology
- Fish Link Central has many more links.
- Aquafind : Searchable database of all aquatic species and producers.
- AquaGuide Aquaculture and Aquarium topics.
- Fish Info Service (FIS/Sea-World) information on fish and aquaculture industries worldwide.Information such as companies and information by country, market prices and reports, new technology and products, weather, shipping schedules, trade shows and fairs.
- lama.kcc.hawaii.edu gives links to "Other Aquaculture Sources".
- AFSIC: Aquaculture Resources
- Aquaculture links
- Centre for Animal Health and Productivity.
- Electronic Zoo / NetVet Veterinary Resources - Fish Sites
- AQUACULTURE INTERNET LINKS : Auburn University. A list of sites and descriptions of each.
- Page is for Documenting Projects in Sustainable Coastal Aquaculture Ecosystems - Research , Policy, Practice and Pedagogy - And Serving as a Worldwide Site for Students of Sustainable Aquaculture;
- Aquaponics for information on aquaponics, hydropinics and aquaculture. Also has an Aquaponics Journal .
- Alternative Farming Systems Information Center & Alternative Agriculture-Related (Aquaculture) Internet Sites and Documents ;
- http://www.aquaguide.com ;
- http://www.AquaSearch.net ;
- The International Aquaculture Web Ring. This site has many links to aquaculture related sites. ;
- Eurofish ;
- Netscape's Aquaculture links .
- World Wide Web sources (including gopher servers and FTP sites) for aquaculture, fisheries, aquaria and fish diseases from Stirling University.
- Fish Info Service (FIS)
- BioFilter.Com is an index of aquatic and aquaculture information found on the Internet ;
- Aquaculture - Fish farmers and fishery products, including equipment and supplies and consulting services at business.com.
- Aquarium, fish & aquatic information at Wet Web Media.
- Aquaculture Online Aquaculture information service, Oceanographic/Media Lab of the Aquaculture Division of Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution, Florida, USA. Site has a discussion forum.
- EcoSystems Home Page
- Aquaculture Network Information Center (AquaNIC) Home Page ;
- Ecotao's Agriculture links .
- Aqua Network : information server for the aquatic world. Subject areas covered include aquaculture, conservation, education, fisheries, marine science and oceanography;
- Fisheries and Aquaculture extension site.
- Aquaculture extension site.
& Allied Aquacultures.
Searchable database of all aquatic species and producers.;
- AquaNIC Home Page Aquaculture Network Information Center Gateway to the aquaculture resources of the world located on the Internet, newsgroups, etc.;
- AquaSearch.net/ Equipment Suppliers: Aquaculture, Books & Journals, Fishing, Equipment Manufacturers: Aerations, Predator Controls, Rearing Tanks, Aquaculture Producers: Algae, Catfish, Eels, Salmon, Shellfish, Consultants: Aquaculture, Research, Fish Health, Seafood, Aquaculture Feeds: Additives, Brine Shrimp, Manufacturers, Fish Health: Information, Vaccines, Veterinarians, Associations & Organizations: Canada, Europe, International, United States, Commercial Fishing: Case Law, Companies, Opinions, Statistics, Research Centers: Australia, Canada, Europe, United States, Seafood: Distributors, Fish Markets, HACCP, Fish and Fisheries: Anatomy, Biology, Information, Species, BBS, List Servers & Databases: Bulleting Boards, Databases, Mailing Lists; Events and Conferences etc.
- Aqualider Maricultura , Brazil.
- Songa , Equador;
- McGowan construction services - pond construction for fisheries.
- Biosystems Analysis Group - Aquaculture Software
- EFG Software Home Page
- Farmworks software ;
- Computer Software for Aquaculture : Listing and brief descriptions of aquaculture software byDouglas H. Ernst.
- FAO Fisheries Department: List of
Fishery Databases and Applications ; FISHSTAT
- Oregon State University. A Listing of Computer Software for Aquaculture ;
- Tilapia - Free software.
- World Wide Web sources (including gopher servers and FTP sites) for aquaculture, fisheries, aquaria and fish diseases
- search, Aquaculture, software ;
- AQUACAD - Pond design software.
- ARC links for
Catalogs and Companies Online Equipment:
- Watergarden.com/ : Supplies many products such as Algae Control, Fountains, Artificial Rocks & Waterfalls, Filter Media, Filters, Fish Food, Medications, Plants, Pond Accessories, Pond Liners, Pond Treatments, Ultraviolet Sterilizers;
- Fjadern - Manufacturer of crayfish traps.
- Fiomarine Industries - A submersible marine marker buoy and retrieval system, for aquaculture and research applications, where a standard surface buoy would have safety as well as security implications.
Technology Aquaculture Products.
- Industrial Grain Products : specialty binders and polymers. These products are derived from the novel processing of naturally occurring raw materials such as grains & starches.
- Aquaculture Systems & Equipment presents AquaSales Onlin...
- Aquaculture Products & Services
- Aquaculture - Biohome Biological filtration
- Aquaculture Information
- Aquaculture Sites
- Aquasales Online at Aquaculture Systems and Equipment , part of the Robyn's Pond Links Page. Also see International Aquaculture www sites.
- Performance Pumps, Inc. Wellpoint System Components ;
- DRAINASOL engineers : Wellpoint system, high water vacuum pumps, contractors's pumps. Technical service, field supervisor, sales, rentals, contracts.
- Tom Morrow tarpaulins for Fish Farming & Aquaculture - Manufacturers of Tarpaulins for fish farming.
- Fishlink : The Information Resource for Aquaculture and Fisheries: buyer's guide to fish farming equipment and services, producer information, government information, fish and shellfish products, sport fisheries,fish recipes, mail order, classified advertisements, weather and a fish discussion forum.
- Pump Web is devoted to being a single source of information and links for all pump manufacturers in the United States and the World.
- Jensorter, Inc - Jensorter manufactures five fish egg sorter models, three models of fish egg counters for salmonid species and a warm-water species fish fry counter.
- Aquatic Eco-systems, Inc . Aquaculture Products Supplier for pond, raceway, hatchery and recirculating aquaculture systems equipment.
- Aquaculture Supply , A division of Florida Aqua Farms, Inc. This site has its price lists in pdf format.
- Aquatic Network ;
- FAS - Italian turbulence water oxygenators, oxygenating devices;
- OxyGuard International A/S, oxygen measurement.
- Remer , Nylon & Polyester Nets, for fishing & aquaculture.
- Arvo-Tec : Feeding robot, data loggers, feeding & control systems.
- Laser gun, laser rifle, from Desman , to chase away birds, without bullets.
- Drum filters, fish counters, aerators, hydro-ejectors fro Faivre in France.
- Fish Pumps from Silkstream for catfish, shrimp, prawns, sea bass, sea bream, tilapia, trout, salmon, etc.
- Hydrotech microscreens for water purification.
- Fish Pumps from Sterner FishTech AS , for fish up to 3.2kg and a maximum head of 9 metres.
- Offshore underwater cages from Sadco Fish Farming Equipment . 800 to 7000 cub.m. Feeding systems, Computerised remote control.
- Dryden Aqua - Aquaculture, aeration, oxygen diffusers, waste water treatment fish farming, leachate treatment, landfill, swimming pools water quality monitoring, bio filtration, pressure sand filtration.
- Point Four Systems - Manufacturer, supplier of oxygen diffusers, aeration equipment and instrumentation for the aquaculture, pond farming and fish farming industry.PT4 multi channel monitoring, control and data logging - DO, pH, conductivity, flow, temperature.
- Lake Restoration Inc. - Products and services for lake and pond weed control
- Inland Lake Harvesters Inc. - Weed harvester and water management equipment.
- Electracatch International for electric fishing nets & machines;
- Aquatic Products For Your Pond or Lake by Keeton Industries . Aeration, filtration, test kits, pumps and more.
- Koi and Garden Pond Specialists: Products, Equipment & Supplies: Alphabetical Product Index: ABS fittings, Air Blower & Manifold, Algae Control, Aqua Shade, Aqua Safe NH/CL, Automatic Feeder, Bacterial Culture, Ball Valves, Barley Straw Bales, Books & Videos, Water in the Garden, Bottom Drains, Brass Sculpture, Bulbs - Ultraviolet, Bulkhead Fittings, Combo Union, Drains, Epoxy, Marine, Filter Grates, Filter Media, Filter Systems, Fish Cages, Fittings, Flexible Liners, Flexible Pipe, Float Valves, Food & Feeding, Fountain Pumps, Garden Art - Statuary, Bamboo - Brass, Granite - Wood, Copper Birdbath, Glue for fittings, Glue for PVC liners, Heaters, Submersible Heater, Intake Screens, Knife Valves, Leaf Trap (Larger), (Smaller), Liners-Flexible, Liner Tape, No-Niche Skimmer, Nets, Pipe Unions, Plant Food, Plant Stands/Hangers, Plant Protectors, Plastic Screening, Plumbing Fittings, Pond Net, Pond Balance, Pond Shells - Sectional, Heavy, Pond Test Kit, Predator Deterrent, Pumphouse, Pumps, Rigid Liners, Tubs, Rubber Paint, Sealants, Seines Net, Separation Tank, Shells - Fiberglass Ponds, Silicone Lubricant, Skimmer "no niche", "niche-type", Sock Net, Strainer Basket, Strainer basket cover, String Algae Control, Surface Sealants, Swing Check Valves, Tanks - Hospital, Show & Transportation, Test Kits, Ultraviolet Sterilizer, UV Sterilizer - Large, UV Replacement Parts, Venturi, Water Conditioners, Water Level Control, Water Meter, Water Test Kits;
- AquaStore - Specializes in aquatic world products covering the aquaculture, fisheries, seafood, oceanography, and maritime heritage fields.
- Vaki - Fish counting and biomass assessment equipment.
- JTElectric ltd. - Underwater lighting solutions and UV-Disinfection systems for use in aquaculture, hatcheries.
- Zhongshan Aquatic Equipment - Specialized in the manufacturing of aquatic equipment, and provide wide variety of products in the aquatic industry line of China.
- EMA-Engineered Products: agents for Ozone (PCI Wedeco), UV (Ideal Horizons, Inc.), Drum Filters (PRA Mfg. Ltd), Sand Filters (Astral Blaufish) and O2 Injection/N2 strip (Engpro): email@example.com
- Hortico Aquasol is close to a ready made F/2 or L1 medium,
needing only slight modifications. http://www.yates.com.au/
- Atlantech - rotary drum filter, firstname.lastname@example.org
- PRAaqua Technologies Ltd. hatchery engineering, waste treatment system design,.
- Point Four Systems - Manufacturer,supplier of oxygen diffusers, aeration equipment and instrumentation for the aquaculture, pond farming and fish farming industry
- M&M Suppliers - Aquaculture supplies and feeds.
- Advanced Aquaculture Systems, Inc . recirculation, system design, media, filters, microscreen filters, UV.
- Emperor Aquatics : UV, fluidized bed biofiltration, foam fractionation,
- Miami Aqua-culture, Inc. - Livestock supplier and equipment purchasing agents for aquaculture companies, public aquaria and marine research groups.
- Solaris - Producer of solar powered and electric powered fish feeders for hatcheries, ponds and net cages.
- CATVIS - Specialized supplier of systems, equipment, and larval feed to the international aquaculture industry. Located in the Netherlands.
- AquaSales Online - Online catalog featuring aquaculture equipment and technical advice.
- Fresh-flo Corporation - Our patented aeration process is the most efficient way to increase oxygen for healthy fish.
- MariSource - Manufacturing a vertical incubation system.
- Columbia Fiberglass Inc - Custom Fiberglass, and Fiberglass Aquaculture tanks of various sizes and shapes.
- Aquaneering - Manufacturer of fish farm equipment.
- Maryland Sea Grant Extension: Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Maryland Sea Grant Extension: HACCP Sites
- Maryland Sea Grant Extension: HACCP Countdown
- FDA/CFSAN Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) (Seafood)
- Ocean Garden Florida Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture seafood and aquaculture marketing materials as well as technical information on aquaculture and seafood handling.
- HACCP digital library at the National Sea Grant Library
- Atlantic Systems Manufacturing Ltd. Food Production Equipment Shrimp Processing
- Processing Plant equipment design;
- Key Technology Shrimp Processing Systems;
- Carnitech shrimp processing equipment;
- Laitram machinery for shrimp processing;
- 3X-Stal - Manufacturer of seafood and shrimp processing equipment, providing processing solutions for the global market.
- Dantech Food Systems - Singapore based technical solutions for processing and freezing of food products.
- BugOx Systems - Provides oxygen systems for different sizes of lobster/fish tanks and lobster/seafood distribution facilities.
- The shrimp machine service Matrak ehf is a company that specialises in the service for shrimp producers by producing various machines and equipment for the shrimp industry, both standard products and specially designed to suit the needs of the customer.
- Processing equipment , Equipment, Ice Machines & Refrigeration, Packaging Supplies, Seafood Tanks & Ponds, Processing Equipment, Cleaning Products & Equipment, Marine Engines, Parts & Spares, Marine Equipment suppliers, directory;
- Advanced IQF freezers;
- Processing equipment and ice machines: sort-rite.com/
- Danfoss freezing equipment, refrigeration and control valves;
second hand processing equipment, flake ice machines;
- ITC ice production; Tube Ice, Nugget Ice, Cube Ice, Flake Ice, Crushed Ice or Block Ice;
- BUUS Iceflakers for HFC/HCFC, brine and NH3. Standard units up to 32 ton flake ice per 24h.
- A&V Refrigeration : Manufacturer of Industrial Commercial Ice Machines Ice Makers. World Wide Exporter of the A&V Industrial Ice Machine
- Shetland's North Atlantic Fisheries College : Applied Aquaculture, Applied Fisheries Science, Applied Seafood Science & Technology. Delivers both a Masters of Science (MSc) and a Postgraduate diploma (PgDip).
- Texas Shrimp Farming ;
- Diving Safety (SCUBA) digital library .
Aquaculture Systems Short Course
Jobs industry, Finding a job in the aquaculture and marine science
- EPA/ - Shrimp Virus information;
Operations - Research and Technology Transfer - includes shrimp
- SANOSIL LTD / Disinfection
- Aquatic toxicology
- Net Vet : aquaculture and fisheries related internet sites. You will find many links here, under categories such as Aquaculture, Aquaria, Ichthyology, Marine Fish, Sport Fishing, Zebrafish, Other, Commercial;
- Regulatory Fish Encyclopedia (US FDA Center for Food Safety ;
- Fishvet : presents Fish-Vet 2.0 amultimedia expert system used as aid in fish problem diagnosis. Also Fish-Vet Inc. - Software and consulting services.
- Diseases of Aquatic Organisms ;
species of finfish, crustaceans, and mollusks are profiled in the
- FAO 1999 Aquaculture species;
- Australia - species; Western Australia;
- Maryland Sea Grant College
- Tilapia links are on a new page at Ecotao's Tilapia Links
- Tilapia - Information page.
- American Tilapia Association - Tilapia aquaculture industry information.
- Pond Dynamics/Aquaculture Collaborative - Represents an international, multi-disciplinary effort to improve human nutrition through pond aquaculture research. Focus is on tilapia, Colossoma, and shrimp research.
- Salmon Page
- Pacific Salmon Information Via the Internet--NMFS The National Marine Fisheries Service maintains this Pacific Salmon
- Salmon ;
- all things flyfishing
- Salmon information at the NMFS (US National Marine Fisheries Service).
- BC Salmon Farmers Association - Since 1984, the BC Salmon Farmers' Association (BCSFA) has assisted the salmon farming industry.
- Atlantic Salmon of Maine - Atlantic Salmon of Maine is at the forefront of Maine's aquaculture industry.
[K.a.3] Catfish: [top]
- The Catfish Institute for the channel catfish industry located in the Southeastern U. S.
- Mississippi State University Extension Service : U. S. channel catfish farming industry. Information on reproduction, stocking, feeding, harvesting, processing and marketing of the channel catfish;
- Delta Pride - A Mississippi farmer-owned cooperative which raises and distrubutes catfish.
- TheCatfish.com - Farm raised catfish.
- Catfish Farming - From the USDA. Information.
- America's Catch - Raising and processing catfish.
[K.a.3] : Cobia, Rachycentron
canadum, Red snapper,
Express : World's largest marine livestock store - 1000's of
- fish, corals, clams, invertebrates.
- Liquid Life USA - We aquaculture and distribute marine ornamental shrimp, soft and hard corals, and reef aquarium feeds. We are always looking for those culturing corals in the Southern California area.
- J & J Aquafarms - Supplier of live aquatic animals and plants. Ship anywhere in the world.
- Discus Fantasy - Importing and selling hybrid discus.
- Pompadua House Discus Farm - Breeding and exporting tropical discus. Bangkok, Thailand
- Aquarium Designs - Designs-installs and servicing custom aquatic habitats. Configures the systems for coldwater or tropical.
- Minnesota Muskie Farm - Producers of spotted, barred and tiger muskies for lakes, ponds or aquariums.
- Freshwater Farms - Live fish and equipment.
- Tropica Aquarium Plants - Producer and distributor of aquarium plants, with comprehensive information on their care. Based in Denmark.
[K.a.5] Trout: [top]
- Troutlodge, Inc. - Producing trout eggs and broodstock.
- Clear Springs Foods - Clear Springs, a large producer of Rainbow Trout.
- Cantrell Creek Trout Farm and Hatchery - Regional stocking and hatchery service of Rainbow Trout in Western North Carolina and surrounding areas.
- Rainbow Trout Farm - Welcome to Rainbow Trout Farm the #1 Fishing Farm in the Northwest. Where you can still catch a fish for a buck.
- Eucumbene Trout Farm - In Australia.
[K.a.9] Edible Marine fish
- Octapus s.a. - A vertically integrated operation and operates in the field of reproduction, on-growing, processing and packing of farmed sea bass, sea bream.
- BLUE CRAB HOME PAGE - Callinectes sapidus with links and contacts on the species, and a few other commercially important crab species.
- LOBSTER Science Centre. Also, Harvard
[K.B.1] Shrimp & Prawns:
Aquaculture. State of the Art, 2001.
- Water Quality Association ;
- Sierra Club of Canada - Shrimp Aquaculture ;
- Macrobrachium rosenbergii prawn farming
- High Health Shrimp - HHA is a supplier of domesticated shrimp broodstock to shrimp farming companies worldwide.
[K.B.2] Bivalve, Mussel, Abalone & Oyster Farming:
- Xplora Mussel Farming Equipment:
- J.J. Brenner Oyster Company Online - Grower and wholesaler of oysters.
- US Abalone - An aquaculture business dedicated to spawning, growing and marketing red abalone.
- Island Scallops - Hatchery and shellfish producer.
- Aquaculture Products.
- Seaweed Information Server ;
- Acadian Seaplants Limited - Services, manufacturing specialty ingredients derived from cultivated and select seaweed species harvested from cold and clean Atlantic ocean coastlines.
- Aquaplant: A pond manager diagnostics tool for Pond owners and their advisors in the identification and management of aquatic vegetation.
weed management guide. Google
- General information on all aspects of seaweeds.
- SEA TURTLE BIBLIOGRAPHY - Searcheable database.
- TURTLE TRAX ;
- Perch Research International - Feed Trained fingerlings & adult Yellow Perch for grow-out, stocking ponds or lakes and for consumption.
- Aquatic Research Organisms - Supplier of quality test aquatic organisms to the environmental industry and biomedical research as well as Toxkits for aquatic toxicology.
- Darrell Saul Farms - Fishery dedicated to raising and selling baitfish.
- Aquaculture consultants: Fisheries Technology Associates
- Aquasol, Inc. : tilapia and marine shrimp farming projects in Latin America.
- Argent Chemical Laboratories, Inc. For your aquaculture chemicals, books and equipment.
- Financial Sources for Aquaculture 4/91 (AWIC)
- Aquaculture Production Technology (APT) :technological packages and services required for the establishment of commercial fish farms.
- L.S. Enterprises
- Kingfisher Aquaculture - Home Page
- Biosystems Analysis Group
- EU - DG IV Fisheries ;
- Online trading links at ARC
- Wasteless Unlimited Aquaculture
- Ecotaoism discusses the evolutionary context of nature and environmental concerns
- National Sea Grant Library . Environmentally friendly aquaculture .
Aquaculture at the University of Tasmania ;
Fish Heads Australia Aquarium, Pond and Aquculture Services ;
 Australian Pump Manufacturers' Association Ltd .;
 CRC Aquaculture ;
 Fisheries Departments, Australia
[N.6] BELGIUM: [top]
Laboratory of Aquaculture & Artemia Reference Center ;
Canadian Aquaculture Institute :
Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Science ;
 Fish Nutrition Research Labs - University of Guelph, Canada ;
 University of Guelph Aquaculture Centre ;
 Canadian Aquaculture Industry Alliance ;
 go to FIS.com and search for Colombia. Many countries are listed. ;
Ecuador's Camara Nacional de Acuacultura (CNA)
 INRA, France. National Institute for Agricultural Research. ;
 Nagasaki University, Faculty of Fisheries ;
 Polish Fishery Association - Aquaculture in Poland, Polish Trout Breeders homesite, fish farms, processing plants, fresh water fish.
 University of Stirling, Institute of Aquaculture ;
[N.5] USA: [top]
- Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife
- International Center for Aquaculture and Aquatic Environment ; Department of Fisheries & Allied Aquacultures (Auburn University) ;
- Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution ;
- Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences (Texas A& M University): ;
- Arizona Game and Fish Department
- Massachusetts Aquaculture White Paper - Introduction to Marine Aquaculture.
- American Association of Feed Control Officials ;
- American Fisheries Society ;
- University of Idaho, Aquaculture Department
- Texas A&M University ;
- ARI - The Aquaculture Research Institute of the University of Idaho.
- The famous University of Auburn : Department of Fisheries and Allied Aquaculture and the International Centre for Aquaculture and Aquatic Environments.
- Regional aquaculture centers in the United States established by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The regional aquaculture centers integrate individual and institutional expertise and resources in support of commercial aquaculture development.
- Center for Tropical and Subtropical Aquaculture ; Hawaii, jointly administered by The Oceanic Institute and the University of Hawaii.
- North Central Regional Aquaculture Center ; Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan;
- Southern Regional Aquaculture Center ; Mississipii State University's Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville, Mississippi;
- Western Regional Aquaculture Center ; University of Washington's School of Fisheries in Seattle, Washington.
- Aquafeed.com - Unites feed manufacturers with science, academia, aquaculture farmers and the supply trade.
feed categories, raw material suppliers
- Dana Feeds (DK). Fish feeds;
- Instant algae: marine microalgae concentrates from Reed Mariculture ( Nannochloropsis , T-iso ( Isochrysis ), Pavlova,Tetraselmis .
- Sanders Brine Shrimp Company - Feeds for Aquaculture and Ornamental Fish
Aquaculture Health & Nutrition ;
- Nutreco Aquaculture: high quality animal and fish feed. Commands a large percentage of the fish feed market.
- ProAqua Mediterranean Fish Feeds. Spain.
- Aquaculture Supplies - Suppliers of live micro algae and Rotifer starter cultures and captive breeders marine animal including Fire Shrimps ( Lysmata debelius )
- Aquaculture Feeds & Equipment - Products include enrichment, shrimp diets, artemia, fish diets, and equipment. (Located in NSW, Australia);
- Shrimp & Prawn Maturation Feeds from Aquafauna have proven beneficial tp P. indicus .
INC : Products and Services To Benefit the International
Aquaculture Community. Focused on the shrimp farming and fish
farming industries. Products such as AquaGrow (very high DHA (50%
of total lipids)), PRO-2K (Probiotics), PRO2K-L-For addition to
larval rearing tanks, PRO2K-FG-For addition to starter and grow-out
feeds; AquaBind high quality binder for aquaculture diets, AquaTrac
Natural flavors to enhance palatability. Krill suppliers.
- Cyclop-eeze : A potential Artemia replacement and a product with an excellent nutritional profile, high in HUFA's (PUFA's) such as 20:5w3 and 22:6w3. Also high in astaxanthin.
- M&M Suppliers - Aquaculture supplies and feeds.
- Fishmeal link ;
- Pesquera Landes S.A. - Chilean producer of fishmeal.
- Tripesca: Aquaculture Fishmeal - Tripesca: South Chilean steamdried fishmeal producer, with top quality prime products destined to most demanding users for aquaculture feeds.
- American Soybean Association - Technical bulleins. This site has information on feed technology and aquaculture.
- MICROALGAE: British Phycological Society. This site is a source of general information on all aspects of seaweeds.
- DIATOMS - The Diatom Home Page maintained by the Biology Department, Indiana University with links and photos. - The University of Texas Culture Collection of Algae - includes information on cultures held, media used and ordering details.
- Home Pages of Culture
Collections in the World, Also backed up on
- Live Feeds - stock cultures.;
- Robin Brooks owner, http://www.mainebait.com/
Wholesale Live or frozen saltwater Bloodworms & Sandworms from Down East Maine. We are now fast freezing our worms. They are frozen whole (not cut up) with salt water. We freeze 1 lb of worms and add 1 cup salt water in a quart bag (laying flat). Blood Worms (Glycera di Branchiata). Sand Worms (Nereis virens).
- Morning Mist Fish Food and Farm - Floating Koi and Goldfish food. Same as you buy in the pet store for less than half of their price.
- VDS Animal Feeds - VDS is a Belgian company specialized in the consulting and production of livestock and aquaculture feeds and concentrates.
- Aquatic Lifeline - They harvest quality artemia (brine shrimp eggs) cysts from the Great Salt Lake in Utah. They also sell direct to the consumer as well as the large aquaculture hatcheries worldwide.
- American Biosystems - Specializing in direct-fed microbials for animal feed and products for aquaculture, and waste treatment. Agricultural Enzymes.
- Institure of Food Technolofy: http://www.ift.org/;
- ARC feeds
live feeds and algae links
- Global Aquaculture Alliance : Guiding Principles for Responsible Aquaculture;
- Aquatic Network;
- Mega Fisch : aquaculture technologies, super-intensive shrimp and fish systems under tunnels. Indoor high density systems.
- ARC consultants
- Fisheries Technology Assoc . - Aquaculture and fisheries consultants providing services such as feasibility studies, pond management, aquaculture design, and water testing and water analysis.
- Aquaculture Information and Technology - Full service consulting and productivity enhancement products for the international fish and shrimp farming communities.
- Aquaculture Consulting Services - Shrimp culture (marine and freshwater) and fish farming specialist, including tilapia and marine fishes.
- Business plans for aquaculture:
- Nova Scotia Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture .
- AquaSol, Inc. - Providers of technical consulting services for the aquaculture industry.
- Aqua Technologies Group Inc. - Consulting and products for the aquaculture industry.
- Aquaculture Production
Technology Ltd. Fish farming technology. Tilapia recirculatio
- CELL AQUACULTURE LTD;
-  sci.bio.fisheries
-  The Smithsonian Institution has information on crustacea and includes a bibliography, and archives of the CRUST-L discussion group.
- Archives of
ALGAE-L@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE, Forum for marine, freshwater and
terrestrial algae. Open to all interested in algae.
aquaculture group at Yahoo. A mailing list for those involved in
all aspects of the shrimp farming industry.
- Aquafind - Aquatic fish database which allows the user unrestricted access to the database, free of charge.
- Database on the introductions of Aquatic Species ( DIAS );
- Pond Dynamics/Aquaculture Collaborative Research Support Program - The (PD/A CRSp) represents an international, multi-disciplinary effort to improve human nutrition through pond aquaculture research. Focus is on tilapia, collusoma and shrimp research.
- The Free Online Aquaculture Dictionary ;
- http://www.aquachallenge.org/ conference materials
- Genetic Computation Ltd - Information on aquaculture genetics, breed improvement and biodiversity conservation; tilapia, salmon, trout, shrimp, prawn.
- Geothermal Aquaculture Research Foundation - Membership form to join this nonprofit whose focus is geothermal aquaculture.
- Fishlink - Guide to fisheries and aquaculture equipment and services. A list of companies, not links to them.
- Global Aquaculture Alliance - An industry organization representing fish and shellfish farmers, particularly shrimp, in addition to others involved in aquaculture and mariculture seafood products. Produces an excellent magazine.
- Water Quality Primer;
- Proceedings of the TAFT 2003 Conference: This site has pdf publications for topics like "Aquaculture - Influence of feed and harvesting processes on quality factors".
- LarvalBase is a comprehensive information system on fish larvae that are relevant in the field of fisheries research and finfish aquaculture
- Fish base database.
- Aquake.org literature resource database;
- Marketing .
- Seafood.com for traders, buyers, consumers etc.
- National Marine Fisheries Service Market Reports: Fisheries Statistics & Economics Division collects data and coordinates information and research programs to support the science-based stewardship of the nation's living marine resources ;
- http://www.worldseafoodmarket.com/MR/MRHome.jsp for market trends on a variety of species: "information on wholesale and export prices for a wide range of seafood products from many markets around the world. It is updated continuously."
- Shrimp market trends http://www.globefish.org/index.php?id=2009
cold and warmwater prawns, shrimp. Similar data at http://www.eurofish.dk/indexSub.php?id=1816
for market prices
for markets and sales of all seafood;
- AMIRACLE Fish Aquariums and Supplies - Protein Skimmers.
- Protein Skimmer Links ;
- Bio-Con Labs, Inc. - Filtration.
- Protein Skimmers from About.com;
- Fishlink Central Koi links ;
- BioFilter.Com is an index of aquatic and aquaculture information found on the Internet .
[T.2] Filtration systems :
- Tropical Marine Centre Keep livestock & broodstock in peak condition. 30 years experience in marine fishkeeping;
- For other filter and filtration links on this page see: [ 1 ], [ 2 ], [ 3 ];[ 4 ];[ 5 ];[ 6 ];
- Aquaneering Inc : equipment for the specific needs of the aquaculture industry such as fluidized bed biofiltration systems
- http://www.beadfilters.com ; = Aquaculture Syatems Technologies - biofiltration & solids removal.
-   Filters and Filtration ;
-  Koi and Garden Pond Specialists: Products, Equipment & Supplies ;
-  About.com's Freshwater Aquarium Filtration Methods ; and Saltwater Aquariums setup links ;
 Filters - DI (De-ionization) & RO (Reverse Osmosis) Units from About.com;
- Ocean Spar Technologies LLC - Floating fish cages.
- Aquaculture Information Page. - Cage and lake aquaculture.
- PDF. The Importance of Pond Ecology in Aquaculture Ponds
The use of lime, gypsum, alum and potassium permanganate in water
bulletins and publications.
- Disused Shrimp Ponds: Options for Redevelopment of Mangrove . A publication online.
- American Soybean Association - Technical Bulletins .htm: This site has information on feed technology and aquaculture.
- Aquaculture links and aquacultural careers ;
- www.sdafs.org: pdf 2003 ANNUAL PROCEEDINGS OF THE TEXAS CHAPTER AMERICAN FISHERIES SOCIETY
- See the current reference list
for more documents.
[W] WATER QUALITY &
SOILS: [ previous ]
- BZT® Aquaculture : Probiotic treatment of shrimp ponds to eliminate the black sludge, improve survival
- and FCR's.
- MATCHING WATER SOURCES TO AQUACULTURE PRODUCTS.
- Alkalinity and Water Quality : Alkalinity (Buffering Capacity).
- AWater Quality Monitoring - Alkalinity and Hardness
- Hach for Aquaculture Water Quality Test Kits and Hach Glossary of Chemical Terms ;
- How Reverse Osmosis Systems Work, How De-ionization Works, from Reverse Osmosis (RO) Systems ;
- Zeolites : for water treatment.
- Aqua Treatment - Uses bio-augmentation to digest organic nutrients, excess feed and fecal material from aquaculture water.
- Water Management Technologies, Inc. - Supplier of water management equipment.
- COS-Inc. - Affordable data aqcuisition devices for aquaculture and agriculture, and waste water treatment products.
- Dictionary of water at www.aguamarket.com
- Marine Biotech, Inc . for aquaculture engineering problems.
- Aquacare - Designing, developing and supplying complete aquaculture systems.
Inland Aquaculture Engineering
Fish: one internet portal. all fisheries research.
[Z] LEGISLATION & LAWS